"What do you remember about yourself as a teenager? What was important to you? Your dreams? Goals?"
Holy smokes. What a doozie. Let me think, let me think...
... This maybe a bit more of a personal topic right now that what I've bargained for, but I'll do it anyway.
I've actually been thinking about my teenage years a lot lately. This is probable due to the fact that we are moving back to the South in June, and I don't think I'm ready! Teenage-hood was weird and confusing, and I had harbored of resentment towards to the culture around me--and all of those feelings from a decade ago are starting to come back! Ahh!
This is what I remember:
- Having lots of crushes on boys--some big, others small
- Being outgoing at some events, but pretty shy in other places
- Trying not to care what other people think
- Learning that I can learn and be successful in school
- Loving family time
- Trying to leave my hair down, but somehow always ending up in a ponytail
Important to me:
- Not being distracted from my goal to attend college out in the West
- Turning 16, to date!
- Learning to drive
- Have social relationships
- Hoping no one will see my insecurities
- Dressing well on a very limited budget
My dreams:
- To one day be successful and attain a masters degree
- Marry someone that I love and respect
- Marry someone that was not into hunting, fishing, country music, NASCAR, and fixing cars
- To successfully be in shape
- At age 15 I thought it would be great to have 6 kids, and one boy be named David
- Drive a new silver Honda Accord
Goals:
- Get out of Alabama
- Get accepted to BYU-Idaho
- Date good guys
No comments:
Post a Comment